bishop, was born at Blackwell Hall, Chesham, Buckinghamshire on 6 October 1880, the son of Edward Weller and Edith Weller, née Aylward. He was a volunteer during the Boer War in 1901. Weller spent the following years in the USA and Canada until 1910, when he attended Selwyn College, Cambridge, graduating in 1913 (BA). He was ordained in Ely Cathedral in 1913, and went out to serve in Delhi with the Cambridge University Mission. Then from 1914 to 1916 he was a railway chaplain at Lahore, and in 1917, chaplain in Waziristan. In 1917-18, as a temporary chaplain to the Forces, Weller served as divisional chaplain in the 3rd Lahore Division in Mesopotamia, Egypt and Palestine, and then as divisional chaplain, 4th Quetta Division in Afganistan in 1919.
Weller married Alexina Caley in 1916. There were no children of the marriage and she died in 1934.
Back in civilian life, Weller became chaplain in Quetta until 1920, and then moved to Melbourne, Australia. He became Mission to Seamen chaplain there from 1923 to 1929, and superintendent of the Mission for a further year. Moving back to England, he was appointed chaplain and superintendent of the Mersey Mission between 1930 and 1934, when he was nominated as the next bishop of the Falkland Islands.
He was consecrated bishop in Southwark Cathedral on 29 June 1934, having the same jurisdiction as his predecessor, Bishop DE JERSEY and again based in Valparaiso. However, three years later, Weller was translated to the Diocese of Argentina and Eastern South America in succession to Bishop EVERY. He continued to have the supervision of his former diocese of the Falkland Islands. Shortly after, he became seriously ill, and returned to England to recuperate. He was nursed back to health by Frances M Butler, whom he married in 1938, and by her had a son and a daughter. After an absence of 11 months from South America, the Wellers returned. He remained bishop throughout the war years resigning in 1946.
Back in England, Weller was appointed vicar of Edwalton, Notts and also appointed assistant bishop of Southwell from 1946 to 1952. He died in Malvern, Worcs, on 26 October 1969.